Sligo County Council invites you to take part in a consultation to help shape the Draft County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy, 2023-2030.
Draft County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy 2023 - 2030 Public Consultation – Have Your Say!
Photo by Carl Brennan
The draft Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy has been developed by Sligo County Council working with the members of Sligo Heritage Forum and has been informed by the results of previous Heritage Plans for the county and consultation with stakeholders and the local community in 2023. The draft Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy seeks to establish an ambitious vision for the management and conservation of our built, natural and cultural heritage in the changing context of the climate and biodiversity crisis.
The aim of the County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy is:
‘To inspire our community to know, value and care for Sligo’s unique heritage and biodiversity and to increase awareness, appreciation and enjoyment of our shared inheritance for all’.
Four strategic themes have been established to facilitate structured heritage development and to articulate the strategic areas of focus, which will guide the delivery of the County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy 2023-2030:
- Raise awareness of Sligo’s heritage and biodiversity
- Promote best practice in heritage management
- Support community participation in heritage plans and projects
- Commission research and collect heritage data
For each strategic theme, a number of key priorities have been identified to guide action in support of the delivery of the County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy 2023-2030.
Please submit your comments on the Draft County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy 2023-2030 via any of the three options below:
- Online: By making a submission online via the Consult Sligo website at https://consult.sligococo.ie/en/consultation/draft-county-sligo-heritage-and-biodiversity-strategy-2023-2030
- By email: By sending a submission to the Heritage Office, Sligo County Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: By addressing a submission to Siobhán Ryan, Heritage Officer, Sligo County Council, Heritage Office, Sligo County Council, City Hall, Quay Street, Sligo, F91 PP44.
All submissions by email or post shall be clearly marked ‘Submission – Draft County Sligo Heritage and Biodiversity Strategy 2023-2030’.
NOTE: The submissions received by Sligo County Council will be made available to the public. Please do not include personal, confidential, or other sensitive information in submissions.
Closing date for submissions is 4pm, Wednesday 9th August 2023.