Councillor Paul Taylor has been elected Cathaoirleach of Sligo County Council.
Councillor Taylor Elected Cathaoirleach
Councillor Paul Taylor Elected Cathaoirleach
At its Annual General Meeting on 21st June, Councillor Taylor’s nomination was proposed by Councillor Baker, seconded by Councillor Gilroy, and received the unanimous support of the Council.
In his address, Councillor Taylor commended outgoing Cathaoirleach Councillor Dara Mulvey for the diligent and professional way he had carried out his duties over his term. He also conveyed his sympathies to the family of Padraig Branley, former Cathaoirleach and Mayor, who passed away recently.
Councillor Taylor identified a number of objectives for his years, including
- Promoting enterprise hubs
- Support local businesses
- Build on our excellent tourism offering
- Establish a ‘Sligo Day’ to promote Sligo on World Tourism Map
- Encourage regional development and progress major capital projects
- Capitalise on IT Sligo’s designation of Technological University in 2022
- Focus on Men’s mental health and wellbeing
Councillor Dónal Gilroy was elected Leas Cathaoirleach of the Council.