Traffic Report W/C 1st June, 2020
Road and Traffic Report
Western Distributor Road:
- Construction works have re-commenced on the Western Distributor Road Project.
- Over the coming months construction traffic will be crossing the realigned Oakfield Road at the new Maugheraboy Roundabout. Traffic management will be in operation. All road users are advised to exercise due care and attention when passing through this area.
N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme:
- Notice of planned Construction Works which will necessitate forthcoming traffic management and cause disruptions are as follows:
- Lane restrictions will be in place on as per below:
- The existing N4 Northbound Lane Closure will be extended South to commence on the N4 approaching the Ballast Quay junction. This is to facilitate road widening works. Disruption to traffic is expected on the N4 Northbound and Ballast Quay / N16 Duck Street / R291 junctions at peak times.
- The Right Turn for N4 Northbound Traffic entering Markievicz Road will be closed to facilitate road works. A Traffic diversion will be in place via N16 / Duck Street / Holborn Hill and R286 Connaughton Road. Map N4-TMP-37 - 2,572 kbs - 2,572 kbs (PDF)
- West Footway Closure will remain in place between N4 Hughes Bridge and Rosses Point Road (R291) Junctions with diversions in place to facilitate road widening and culvert works.
- Lane narrowing and footway diversion will be in place on the N15 Southbound through the junction with Rosses Point Road (R291). This is to facilitate enabling works ahead of culvert installation at the Copper River Culvert.
- Lane narrowing will be in place on the N16 approaching the N4 junction to facilitate traffic island removal and temporary surfacing works.
- Retaining wall and Junction Realignment works will continue next week on the N15 / Rosses Point Road (R291) Junction. Traffic management will be in operation, i.e. lane narrowing.
- It is expected that on the Week commencing the 8th June 2020 - Works will commence on the Copper River Structure at the Rosses Point Junction - A Southbound lane closure on the N15 will be required. The Proposed diversion is via the Old Bundoran road / Ballytivnan road / Duck Street and will be in place for approx. 2-3 months. Map N4-TMP-36-04 - 6,024 kbs - 6,024 kbs (PDF)
- Sligo County Council (SCC) regrets any inconvenience caused.
O’Connell Street Enhancement Scheme Project:
- O’Connell Street is closed from its junction with Grattan Street to its junction with Knox Street from 07:00 on Monday, 6th January 2020 to 18:00 on Friday, 10th July, 2020.
- Alternative routes will be in place via John Street, Adelaide Street, Wine Street and Knox Street.
- Phase 8 & 9 Cafe Fleur – Lloyds Pharmacy ongoing including excavations, removal of existing footpaths, installation of new underground ducting, services, drainage, chambers and kerbing.
- New surface water drainage installation works ongoing in the roadway in conjunction with Phase 8/9 works.
- Phase 5 Knox - Discovery Ireland excavation works underway.
- Footpath between Knox and Discover Ireland has been closed due to C-19 social distancing requirements - alternative pedestrian routes have been provided via Tobergal Lane and Rockwood Parade.
- Site set up for Resurfacing works will extend from Tobergal Lane - Knox Cafe pedestrian crossing.
- Pedestrian facilities will be provided including any potential alternative route.
- Any queries in relation to the O’Connell Street Project should be made to ShareRidge Ltd using phone numbers: 086 6022905 or 086 7900487.
NORTH SLIGO AREA:
- Roadworks will continue on Local Road No. L-3305-0 Coolbeg, Carney. Traffic Management will be in operation. Motorists to exercise caution.
- Surveying works will take place on Tuesday the 2nd of June on the N15 between Grange village and Henrys restaurant. Traffic Management will be in operation. Minor delays expected.
N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project:
The N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project Construction Works recommenced on Monday the 18th May in accordance with the Government phased roadmap regarding Covid 19.
Traffic management for the coming week shall be as follows:
- N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout heading south on the existing N4 towards Dublin - Site Works ongoing for the first 3Km to the junction with the L1302. Hard shoulders are closed to traffic. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone for the duration of these works. Minor delays are expected as a result.
- A stop go will be in operation intermittently approximately 2.5km south of the N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout in the townland of Doorly. Minor delays are expected as a result.
- The L-14019 Local Road junction with the N4 National Primary road, to the Cloonamahan Health Care Centre, has been moved to the north by approximately 50 metres. Diversion signs are in place.
- The L-3606-9 Local Road at Cloonamahan from its junction with the N4 National Primary road to the junction with the L-14019-0 shall be closed to public traffic from Monday, 17th February, 2020 up to and including Friday, 8th May, 2020. An Alternative route is available via the remaining section of the L-3606-9 and the N17 National Primary Road.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55015 at Doorly.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55016 at Knockagroagh.
- The L-5502-0 at Drumfin Td. approximately 310 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 for a distance of approximately 570 metres in a westerly direction towards the Bogline Bridge is closed to traffic. Alternative route for traffic will be via the L-5501-0, in the townlands of Branchfield, Kilcreevin and Newpark; the L1502-32 in the townlands of Newpark, Cloonlurg and Drumfin; and the existing N4 in the townland of Drumfin.
- General site works and bridge construction works ongoing on the L1502 at Cloonlurg.
- The L-5402-0 at Carrownagark Td. approximately 190 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 to the crossroads junction with the L-5403-0 in the townland of Kilmorgan is closed to traffic. Alternative route for traffic travelling to and from the Sligo direction will be via the L-5403-0-0, in the townlands of Kilmorgan, Knockmoynagh and Turlaghyraun; and the L1502-32 in the townlands of Turlaghyraun, Newpark, Knockmoynagh, Cloonlurg and Drumfin; and the existing N4 in the townland of Drumfin.
- Alternative route for traffic travelling to and from the Dublin direction will be via the L-5403-0-0, in the townlands of Kilmorgan, Cams, Aghalenane and Ardloy; and the existing N4 in the townland of Ardloy at Structure 11.
- General site works and bridge construction works ongoing on the L54033 at Kingsbrook. Localised road layout changes will be in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Ongoing general site works on the L5403 at Ardloy.
- 60kph speed limit is in operation on the existing N4 at Ardloy Td. which is approximately 3Km northwest (Sligo Town side) of Castlebaldwin Village.
- The L-5401 at Springfield/Twnagh Td. shall be closed to traffic from its junction with the N4 National Primary road in a northern direction for a distance of approximately one kilometre to the townland of Tawnagh from Tuesday 02nd June. Alternative route for traffic will be via the N4 National Primary Route and the L-5401-3, in the townland of Carrownagark, Knockadoo and Tawnagh. General site and bridge construction works ongoing at this location.
- Permanent Road Closure of the L54041-0 in the Townland of Sheerevagh from the 4th June 2019. An alternative route is available via the L-5404-0, L-1403-0, L-1404-0 and the existing N4. This road shall be used as a site access for the construction works.
- Ongoing general site works on the L1404 at Drumderry/Castlebaldwin.
- The south bound hard shoulder and south bound carriageway is closed to traffic on the existing N4 for approximately 1km to the south of Castlebaldwin Village. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
- Blasting works shall commence at Drumderry Td. (Approximately 0.7km to the north of Castlebaldwin Village) on the 02nd June and shall be undertaken between 12 noon & 4pm. There will be no impact to traffic on the N4 as a result.
- Any queries in relation to traffic management for the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Project should be made to Roadbridge using their free phone number (071) 9167299.
- Further details in relation to the N4 Project can be viewed at the following website: https://www.n4realignment.ie/
FURTHER WORKS BALLYMOTE AREA:
- Surface dressing works will take place in the Ballymote area for the week at the following locations;
- Traffic lights will be in operation with some delays expected.
- Tuesday 2nd June L-5504 Carrickbanagher. Road closured with diversions in place, local access only.
- Wednesday 3rd June L-5501 Lisuntragh & L-5608 Kesh, L-5905 Chacefield. Road closures with diversions in place, local access only.
- Thursday 4th June L-5712 Lismeraun, Killaraght road closures with diversions in place, local access only.
- Friday 5th June L-1703 Ross, Killaraght & R294 Gorteen. Traffic lights will be in operation with some delays expected.
- Pothole repair ongoing throughout the area. Traffic management will be in operation with minor delays expected.
- The Tubbercurry Engineering Area will be undertaking emergency pothole repair in the Coolaney/ Cloonacool and Aclare areas of the County. Traffic management will be in operation with minor delays expected.
- Road realignment works will continue at Carrignagat railway bridge, Collooney, on the R290. Temporary Traffic management will be in place. Minor delays are expected.
- Surfacing works in the Sligo Strandhill area are as follows;
- Tuesday the 2nd June L-2801-0 Tullaghan (Hungry Rock). Road closed. Diversion via Collooney. Long delays expected.
- Wednesday 3rd June, L-3604-0 Union. Road closure. Local access only.
- Thursday 4th June, L-3603-17 Drumaskibole. Traffic management in place. Local access only.
- Friday 5th June, L-3503-0 Larass. Road Closure. Local access only.