Recovery Vehicles require a roadworthiness test once they are a year old.
Persons wishing to tax a vehicle for the first time as a Recovery Vehicle must supply the following:
- Application form RF100a - Motor Tax Renewal Form (PDF) - 738 kbs form must be fully completed and signed ensuring valid insurance details are entered
- Registration Book/Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- Current Certificate of Roadworthiness or valid pass statement from an authorised test centre
- Recovery Vehicle Declaration RF111B - Recovery Vehicle Declaration (PDF) - 5 kbs
- Appropriate fee. Refer to motortax.ie for Rates of Tax Duty