What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device that contains data related to a website you visit. It may allow a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a period of time, or it may contain data related to the function or delivery of the site. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information like a video or audio content , run content or provide other functionality such as analytics. Further information on cookies can be found on the ec.europa.eu website
How are they used on this site?
www.sligococo.ie uses the following cookies
Cookies only for functionality that is strictly necessary for services that are explicitly requested by the user for their session as per Regulation 5(5), SI 336 of 2011 (the ePrivacy Regulations). This website uses session cookies. Session cookies are used to deliver the basic functions of a website i.e. to allow pages to remember technical changes or selections you may make between pages. Session cookies are temporary cookies and are generally erased when you close your browser.
www.sligococo.ie uses the following necessary cookies
- cookielaw.org | Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
www.sligococo.ie uses the following Statistical cookies
- Google analytics
- Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.
- Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
- Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
- Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor's browser and computer.
- It is used to collect statistics about site usage such as when the visitor last visited the site.
- This information is then used to improve the user experience on the website. This Siteimprove Analytics cookie contains a randomly generated ID used to recognize the browser when a visitor reads a page. The cookie contains no personal information and is used only for web analytics.
- It is also used to track the sequence of pages a visitor looks at during a visit to the site. This information can be used to reduce user journeys, and enable visitors to find relevant information quicker.
- Youtube - To play youtube videos on our pages
- Vimeo - To play vimeo videos on our pages
- Soundcloud - To play audio clips on our pages
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers' instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use ("third party cookies"), or those from specific websites.