Public health information about COVID-19
Everyone aged 12 and over can now receive their COVID-19 vaccine.
More than 3 million people have been fully vaccinated in Ireland. As of August 18th, 90% of eligible adults are partially vaccinated and 83% of adults are fully vaccinated. Over 75% of our population aged 12 and over are now vaccinated.
Public Health Measures
You can find information here about the public health measures in place.
COVID-19 Testing - Online Booking System
Full details of how to get tested are available here.
To book a test, log on to our system here. You can show up without an appointment, but you may not have to wait as long if you book online.
We have introduced a new contact tracing online system this week. If you get a positive test, you can use this to help list where you’ve been and help us to get in touch with your close contacts. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/contact-tracing/contact-tracing/
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
The vaccination programme continues to be rolled out nationwide. More than 3 million people have been fully vaccinated in Ireland. By this weekend, 90% of adults will be partially vaccinated and 80% of adults will be fully vaccinated. We are grateful to all of our colleagues and partners, and to the public, for taking part and making this happen.
You can find the latest information on vaccines administered here.
Registration for 12 to 15 year olds
We're inviting parents of children aged 12 to 15 to register their children now. All children in this age group are being offered a vaccine but we particularly recommend that they get vaccinated if they:
- have a health condition that puts them at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- live with someone who is at higher risk of COVID-19
Parents can read more about the benefits and risk of vaccination for their children here.
Please note that 12 to 15 year olds are not eligible at present to attend walk in vaccination clinics.
If you cannot register online, you can call the COVID-19 helpline at Freephone: 1800 700 700 to register by phone.
Who can give consent for vaccination of a young person aged under 16 years
Information is available here.
Isolation quick guide - applying to those aged greater than 3 months and up to 13th birthday
The updated factsheet is available here.
Isolation quick guide - adults and children from their 13th birthday
The updated factsheet is available here.
Where to find COVID-19 Vaccination Information
We encourage everyone to read about the COVID-19 vaccine and to get their information from a factual, trusted source – here are the links to the pages with information on the vaccine:
- Check https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cde55-why-vaccines-are-essential-to-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19/ for information about the vaccine, information on this page is updated regularly
- Find the vaccine information materials at https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/covid-19-resources-and-translations/covid-19-vaccine-materials
- Details on COVID-19 vaccines administered are available here
- Read the full COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Strategy
- Read the National Immunisation Advisory Committee Chapter about COVID-19 vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine information for health professionals
- Information in Irish Sign Language: information resources on the COVID-19 vaccines in Irish Sign Language are available here.
- Find information on how to receive/amend your EU COVID Digital Certificate here
For telephone access to listen to the webinar, please use the following:
Irish dial in number: 01 5260058
Access code: 175 385 4519
Medical cards online
The online portal for medical card, GP visit card and DPS applications and renewals is now restored.
Public Health Information
As always, for the most up to date information and advice on Coronavirus, please go to: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/ and https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/. Clinical and professional guidance relating to COVID-19 is available on https://www.hpsc.ie/ where you’ll find up to date guidance for healthcare settings and non-clinical settings.
Please check here for the most up to date partner resources for COVID-19.
You can find the COVID-19 A-Z information here from the HSE’s Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC).
Please also check the Healthy Ireland site here with further resources and information on the Keep Well campaign.
You can view the latest information on how Ireland is responding to cases of COVID-19 here.
Ireland’s COVID-19 Data Hub is available here.