Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2023
Following on from the announcement by Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, on Friday 21st July 2023 of the launch of the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme please now find documents relating to the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme which will be administered by Sligo County Council.
Funded under Project Ireland 2040, the Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS) is a key measure directly supporting the objectives of Our Rural Future and the Town Centre First (TCF) Policy. This Scheme which was introduced in 2016, is part of a suite of measures designed to rejuvenate rural towns and villages throughout Ireland where since 2016 more than €154 million has been allocated to more than 1,700 projects across Ireland.
The 2023 TVRS is designed to support the revitalisation of rural Ireland through a renewed focus on town centre economic and social recovery and regeneration.
This will be achieved through projects focusing on town centre regeneration, enhancing our streetscapes and bringing vacant and derelict buildings back into use as community multi-purpose spaces through refurbishment and renovation and includes:
- Town Regeneration projects
- Enhancing our Streetscapes
- Green spaces / recreational amenities in town or village centres
- Refurbishment of existing community centres
- A new option to allow local authorities to acquire plots of land to enable development of town regeneration, such as town parks, plazas, etc.
- Bringing vacant and derelict buildings/ back into use as multi-purpose or community spaces
- Projects to support town or village centre markets, e.g. farmers markets or artisan markets.
- Town/village centre plaza development
Sligo County Council is now seeking Expressions of Interest from Towns and Villages who may have a suitable project for consideration. Expressions of Interest in respect of Towns and Villages who have not received funding in the past or that have successfully completed projects under previous schemes are also being sought.
All Expressions of Interest will be assessed based on the priorities as contained in the Scheme Outline and must be linked to actions outlined in the Sligo County Development Plan where appropriate.
All interested town/village groups are invited to submit the Expression of Interest as enclosed and forward for the attention of Ray O’Grady at email@example.com
Further information is available by selecting links below: