Waste Collection Permits
For those involved in the collection of waste, a ‘Waste Collection Permit’ must be obtained. Since the 1st February 2012, all new waste collection permit applications and applications for the review of waste collection permits, are processed by the National Waste Collection Permit Office (NWCPO), Offaly County Council, Aras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co Offaly. Telephone: 057 93 46800. Please visit www.nwcpo.ie for more information.
WEEE, Batteries and metal theft prevention (An Garda Síochána in association with the Environment Protection Agency)
- The value of scrap metal makes metal items, including waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and waste lead acid batteries, very attractive to thieves.
- Theft of scrap metal and metal items such as WEEE and waste lead acid batteries is a crime and is no different to the theft of any other items.
- In some cases, such theft may also be considered unauthorised waste activity.
- If you think there might be unauthorised waste activity involved, call the National Environmental Complaints Line on 1850 365 121
- Alternatively, download the “See It? Say It!” iPhone App from iTunes
- If you see something that might involve theft of scrap metal or WEEE, call the Garda Síochána on the Emergency Line 999 or 112, or contact your local Garda station with details.
For Crime Prevention Advice, check out www.garda.ie