Regulation of Lobbying
The Regulation of Lobbying legislation is designed to provide information to the public about who is lobbying whom about what.
Section 6(4) of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 requires that on commencement of the Act on 1 September 2015, Sligo County Council is required to publish a list showing the name, grade and brief details of the role and responsibilities of each “Designated Public Official” of the body. The purpose of the list is twofold:
- To allow members of the public identify those persons who are Designated Public Officials; and
- As a resource for lobbyists filing a return to the Register who may need to source a Designated Public Official’s details.
Designated Public Officials
The Members of Sligo County Council’s Management Team, below, are designated public officials as prescribed by the Regulation of Lobbying Act, 2015’
- Mr. Ciarán Hayes, Chief Executive, Sligo County Council – (071) 9111004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Tom Kilfeather, Director of Infrastructure, Environment & Fire Services – (071) 9111450 email@example.com
- Ms. Dorothy Clarke, Director of Planning Community and Economic Development – (071) 9114411 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Marie Whelan, Head of Finance – (071) 9111121 email@example.com
- Mr. Bartley Gavin, A/ Director of Housing & Corporate – firstname.lastname@example.org (071) 9111001
Section (6)(1)(d) of the Act provides that Members of Sligo County Council are regarded as Designated Public Officials for the purposes of the Act. View Full list of Sligo County members.
Further information regarding the legislation and further guidance on the Act is available on the Regulation of Lobbying website at www.lobbying.ie