Minutes of Budget Meeting of The Borough District of Sligo held on Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 10.00 am in The Council Chamber, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo
- Councillor Declan Bree
- Councillor Arthur Gibbons (Mayor)
- Councillor Sinéad Maguire (virtual via MS Teams)
- Councillor Gino O’Boyle
- Councillor Rosaleen O’Grady (virtual via MS Teams)
OFFICIALS IN ATTENDANCE:
- Martin Lydon, Chief Executive
- Dorothy Clarke, Director of Services (virtual via MS Teams)
- Emer Concannon, A/Director of Services
- Marie Whelan, Finance Director
- Jimmy O’Brien, Acting Head of IT
- Aine Carr, Staff Officer (Meetings Administrator)
- Geraldine Flanagan, Clerical Officer
The Mayor, Councillor Arthur Gibbons, presided and welcomed all present to the meeting before handing proceedings over to Ms. Marie Whelan, Head of Finance.
1. TO CONSIDER THE DRAFT 2022 BUDGETARY PLAN FOR THE BOROUGH DISTRICT OF SLIGO:
Ms. Whelan informed Members that the draft budgetary process was in progress and that a meeting with the CPG had taken place.
Ms. Whelan went on to advise Members the budget would be in line with Budget 2021 and that the process was ongoing.
Councillor O’Boyle requested clarification in the progress and funding of the Cultural Plaza project which was answered by the Executive as follows:
- Delay due to Stephen Street traders and need to continue trading
- Delays due to Covid
- Preferred bidder can no longer stand over price offered
- The project will be re-tendered in the next two weeks
- Contractor expected to be awarded by early 2022
- Failte Ireland has been informed of developments
- Depending on the submitted tenders, it may be necessary to re-apply for funding to Failte Ireland or the Rural Regeneration Development Fund
Councillor O’Boyle asked if any additional funding would be made available to the Parks Department in 2022 which was answered by the Executive as follows:
There is limited scope but we are working through the process at the moment.
The Budget was noted by Councillor Bree and seconded by Councillor Gibbons.
The Mayor thanked the Members and the Executive.
The business of the meeting concluded at 10.27am.
Meeting Date 20/10/2021