In order to facilitate necessary work on the N4-N15 Scheme at the centre of the N4/N16 junction the following traffic management measures will apply between Monday 17th May to Thursday 20th May inclusive:
Works at N4/N16 Junction (17th May to 20th May)
Closure of right turn lane from the N4 Northbound onto the N16 (17th May to 20th May)
- The right turn lane from the N4 northbound onto the N16 will be closed on Monday 17th to Thursday 20th May inclusive.
- Diversion will be via the R870 Markievicz Road and R286 Connaughton Road/The Mall.
N16 Westbound Diversion (17th May to 20th May)
- The right turn from the N16 onto the N15 northbound will be closed on Monday 17th to Thursday 20th May inclusive.
- All N16 westbound vehicles looking to access the N15 and R291 northbound will be diverted at the N16 Duck Street Roundabout north via Ballytivnan Road and Elms Gardens to the N15 National Primary Road.
- Access to the R291 for Cartron/Rosses Point will be via Scotsmans Walk
- Access from the N16 westbound onto the N4 southbound will be available.
N15 Southbound Diversion (19th & 20th May)
- Southbound diversion of N15 traffic travelling to Sligo at Lisnalurg onto the Old Bundoran Road and onwards via Ballytivnan Road and the N16 on Wednesday 19th & Thursday 20th May inclusive.
- No right turn for traffic travelling southbound on the R291 Rosses Point Road onto the N15 towards Sligo with diversion via the N15 Northbound, Elms Garden and onwards.
- Access for N15 southbound traffic onto the R291 for Cartron/Rosses Point will be via Scotsmans Walk
Please also note that it is anticipated that there may be significant delays associated with the above traffic management measures, especially at peak times, and motorists are asked to plan their journeys and allow additional time accordingly.
Sligo County Council apologies for any inconvenience arising from these works.