Exciting opportunities for Graduates in Local Government
Local Authority Graduate Recruitment Programme 2020
The Local Government sector in Ireland is made up of 31 Local Authorities and three Regional Assemblies. Local Authorities are the closest and most accessible form of Government to citizens. They have responsibility for delivery of a wide range of services in their local area with a focus on making cities, towns and countryside attractive places to live, work and invest. These services generally include housing; planning; infrastructure; environmental protection; and the provision of recreation and amenities and community infrastructure. Local Authorities also play a key role in supporting economic development and enterprise at a local level.
The graduate opportunities in the following seven skills areas are spread across the 31 Local Authorities,
- Economic Enterprise and Business Development
- Project & Programme Management
- Innovation, Strategy & Change Management
- HR Management
- Communications and Marketing
- Data Analytics and data metrics
- Climate Action
Graduates that meet the eligibility criteria (shown below) and wish to apply can access more information about the vacancies available and download the application form by visiting -
In order to be eligible applicants had to demonstrate the following,
- on or before the 31 December, 2020 have recently achieved a first or second class primary (2.2 minimum) honours degree (level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) that is relevant to the skills area being applied for, and
- demonstrate the competencies for the role of Graduate. These competencies are defined by the sectoral competency framework and are detailed in the Information Booklet (also available from the LGMA website).
The onus is on the candidate to ensure that they satisfied the essential eligibility requirements for these posts.
Existing staff of local authorities are also eligible to apply but only if they (in addition to meeting the eligibility criteria) are on a salary scale whose starting point is below the Graduate salary figure of €31,221 will be eligible to apply.
If you are interested in applying you must make your application directly to the LGMA by submitting the completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 3pm on Thursday the 17th December 2020.