Traffic Report W/C 2nd December, 2019
Road and Traffic Report
Cranmore Drive – Devins Drive Junction:
- The road closure restriction currently in place at the Junction at Cranmore Road and Devins Drive, Sligo, will be lifted at 6pm Friday 29th November, however temporary traffic light restrictions will continue, until Friday 6th December.
- Motorists are advised to show caution on Devins Drive due to new traffic calming measures being introduced, that provide for greater pedestrian safety and access to public transport.
- Sligo County Council and the Cranmore Regeneration Project Team regret any inconvenience caused.
Western Distributor Road Phase 2:
- Commencing Monday 11th November 2019 and for a period of four weeks Rodger Eames Road (southern end) will be closed from its junction with Ballydoogan Road as far as the vehicular entrance to Mitchell Curley Park. Diversion routes will be via the L3501 Woodville to Barnashrahy Road or via the Larkhill Road. Local access will be maintained at all times to Kevinsfort Heath and Mitchell Curley Park via the R292 Strandhill Road.
- In addition, a temporary traffic light system will be in operation on the Ballydoogan Road at its interface with the Western Distributor Road site. Minor delays are to be expected, particularly during the morning and evening peak times and also during school drop-off/collection times.
N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme:
- The Northbound off slip from the N15 onto Rosses Point Road (R291) will be permanently closed from next week, with Northbound traffic wishing to exit the N15 onto R291 to use left turn at the signalled junction. Additional care should be taken.
- Night time closure of the N15 Southbound lane will be in place next week between the Ballytivnan Junction to Duck Street junction. Southbound traffic will be diverted via Ballytivnan with signed diversion route in place. This is to facilitate Drainage crossings. A single lane will remain open for N15 Northbound traffic during the works.
- Retaining Wall works on the Rosses Point Road (R291) will continue next week. Traffic management will be in operation, i.e. a Stop & Go Shuttle System on the R291. Minor delays are anticipated on the Rosses Point Road and additional care should be taken.
- Sligo County Council regrets any inconvenience caused.
NORTH SLIGO AREA:
- Major Pavement Roadwork’s on the N15 between the townlands of Creevykeel and Castlegal this week. Traffic Management will be in operation when required. Major delays to be expected. Motorists to exercise caution. These works are ongoing until January 2020.
- Pavement survey works will take place commencing Tuesday 3rd December to Friday 13th August on the N15 between Grange and Cashelgarran. Traffic management will be in operation with medium delays expected.
- Pothole repair and Surface Drainage works will continue in the Enniscrone area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Drainage works and road restoration will be carried out on L27013-0 (75) Traffic management will be in place. Minor delays expected.
- Traffic lights will be in place along the R284 to facilitate verge filling works at Glen.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Ballymote area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project:
The construction of the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project is progressing and is expected to be ongoing until Q2, 2021. Traffic management is in place for the following works:
- N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout heading south on the existing N4 towards Dublin - Site Works ongoing for the first 3Km to the junction with the L1302. Hard Shoulders are closed to traffic. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone for the duration of these works. Minor delays are expected as a result.
- The L-14019 Local Road from its junction with the N4 National Primary road to the Cloonamahan Health Care Centre is closed to public traffic from the 30th October 2019. This proposed closure is necessary to facilitate the construction of the realigned Local Road L-14019 and construction of junction with the Western Parallel Link road as part of the above project. An Alternative route will be made available via the L-3606-9 Local Road and the remaining section of the L-14019 Local Road.
- A Stop Go System will be in operation 2.8km to the South of the N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout to allow construction works to take place on the existing N4. Delays are expected as a result, particularly at peak times. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55015 at Doorly.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55016 at Knockagroagh.
- General Site Works ongoing and bridge construction works to commence on the L5502 at Drumfin. Localised road layout changes will be in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Ongoing General Site works on the L1502 32 at Cloonlurg.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L5402 at Carrownagark. Blasting works are ongoing. Currently, it is proposed to carry out two blasts weekly on Mondays and Fridays. Further details in relation to these works are available at the following link: http://www.sligococo.ie/PublicNotices/N4RoadProjectBlastingWorks/
- General site works and bridge construction works ongoing on the L54033 at Kingsbrook. Localised road layout changes will be in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L5403 at Ardloy.
- A Stop Go is in operation on the existing N4 at Ardloy Td. which is approximately 3Km northwest (Sligo Town side) of Castlebaldwin Village. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone. Delays are expected as a result, particularly at peak times. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
- General Site Works ongoing and bridge construction works to commence on the L5401 at Tawnagh. Localised road layout changes are in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Permanent Road Closure of the L54041-0 in the Townland of Sheerevagh from the 4th June. An alternative route is available via the L-5404-0, L-1403-0, L-1404-0 and the existing N4. This road is being used as a site access for the construction works.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L1404 at Drumderry/Castlebaldwin.
- Constructing a site access off the existing N4 on the southeast side of Castlebaldwin Village.
- Any queries in relation to traffic management for the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Project should be made to Roadbridge using their free phone number (071) 9167299.
- Hard Shoulders closed to traffic on the existing N4 for approximately 1km to the south of Castlebaldwin Village. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
- Further details in relation to the N4 Project can be viewed at the following website: https://www.n4realignment.ie/
Diversion route – Landslide North West of Glen Catholic church:
- Due to a landslide just North West of Glen Catholic Church causing damage to a section of L 1101-70, a section of the road is closed affecting through traffic. The diversion routes are (A) via R284 (Geevagh) –L1102-0 -L-1101-22 -L1101-70 (Geevagh –Glen) to road L1101-70 north west of the road closure, And (B) R284 Ballyfarnon- Cashel-Gubbarudda- Hillstreet Quarry Entrance-in County Roscommon – Glen Church for access to road L-1101-70 south east of the road closure.
- 3 exceptional loads will be travelling on the N17 Bellaghy to Tubbercurry and R294 from Tubbercurry to Bunnyconnelan between 1.30am and 4am on Sunday nights to Thursday nights from 3/9/19 to 3/12/19. Some traffic disruption is expected.
- Accommodation works are continuing on the N17 between Curry Village and townland of Cashel. Traffic Management will be in operation. Minor delays to be expected. Motorists to exercise caution.
- Footpath and Cycleway reinstatement works associated with recent pipelaying operations for Irish Water are programmed to commence during the week in Tobercurry along the south side of the Ballina Road (R294) between the Cnoc Na Si Housing Estate and St Attracta’s Community College. A traffic management plan will be in place but minor delays can be expected. These works are expected to be ongoing until early December 2019.
- Commencing on Monday, 25th November up to and including Monday, 2nd December, 2019 a road closure will be in effect on the L-8907, west of Curry, Co Sligo from its junction with the L–8906 to the L–4902–19. The closure is necessary to facilitate the repair of a defective culvert.
Alternative route will be made available via the L- 8904. For further information please contact Aaron McMorrow, Executive Engineer on 071 9111981.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Tubbercurry area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Pothole repair works and opening of drainage inlets will continue in the Sligo Strandhill area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.