Traffic Report W/C 12th March, 2018
Road and Traffic Report
Sligo City Watermain Rehabilitation and Pearse Road Sewer Network Contract:
- Wine Street – 7pm to 7am night works closure - Previous Road Closure TM Plan to be implemented, with diversions via Union Street and Quay Street. Planing on 12th and Surfacing on 13th & 14th.
- Stephen Street -7pm to 7am night works closure. Planing on 13th and Surfacing on 14th & 15th.
- Junction of JFK/Rockwood/Thomas Street - 7pm to 7am night works – Single Lane Closure to be implemented with access to Rockwood Parade and JFK Parade being restricted for short periods. This will be for planing on night of 13th and surfacing on the 14th or 15th.
- Stephen Street - Minor works to continue for Boundary Box installations with no disruption to traffic.
- Pearse Rd – At Garda Station - Minor road excavation and reinstatement works. Traffic flows to be maintained.
- Connolly St / High St / Old Market St junctions – Minor road excavation and reinstatement works. Traffic flows to be maintained.
- Union St / Wine St – Installation of traffic Loops and some minor road excavation and reinstatement works. Traffic management in place.
- Traffic Management will be in place at all works locations with diversions clearly signed.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- A scaffolding licence has been granted for Finisklin Road 40m west of the Inner Relief Road Junction. The scaffolding will be on the footpath with pedestrians catered for and no traffic delays are expected.
- A scaffolding licence has been granted for 16 Quay Street. The scaffolding will be on the footpath with pedestrians catered for and no traffic delays are expected.
- Fencing works will continue on the Western Distributor Road Phase 2 in the townlands of Ballydoogan, Oakfield, Maugheraboy and Caltragh. Traffic management will be in place on the Oakfield Road L– 3601, the Ballydoogan Road L– 9406 and Rusheen Lane in Caltragh for access and egress to the site, minor delays are expected with works expected to be complete on the 30th March.
N16, Ash Lane, Road Strengthening and Repair
Works on the resurfacing of Duck Street will start on Monday March 12th. It is expected that this phase of the works will take under 2 weeks, and will include significant traffic management. This will involve an extension of the existing one-way system which has been in operation on Ash Lane for the past 4 weeks. Traffic will only be permitted to travel one-way along Duck Street and Ash Lane in an easterly direction. Traffic wishing to travel from the Manorhamilton or Calry side of Sligo City towards the N4 and Dublin will continue to be diverted onto Clarion Road but will be directed to join the N15 near Supermacs. Traffic wishing to travel northwards towards Grange, or in the direction of Donegal and N15 will continue along the Old Bundoran Road to join the N15 near Bertie’s Pitch and Putt, these diversions are likely to cause delays, and motorists may need to allow additional time for journeys especially during the morning peak.
Kilsellagh to Ballinode Pipeline Replacement Contract
- Pipelaying through Ash lane /Manorhamilton road Junction and along Molloway Hill is continuing at night (7pm-7am). Minor works will be ongoing during the day at localised sites on Manorhamilton Road. Traffic control in all areas using traffic lights or Stop/Go system. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- Duct surveying will commence in Sligo town along the N4 Inner Relief road and associated side streets in the town centre on Monday 12th March 2018. Pedestrian management will be in place on the footways and no traffic delays are anticipated.
Holborn Hill / Fr. O’Flanagan Terrace
- A lane closure will be in place on Holborn Street/Holborn Hill at the Fr. O’Flanagan Housing Development with traffic controlled by traffic signals. Some minor delays are expected.
- Pothole repair and Surface Drainage works will continue in the Enniscrone area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Road widening and pipe laying will be carried out on the Rathosey/Seeviness road L6801-67. A temporary road closure will be in place. Local access will be provided. Diversion via Loop road L68022-0 & L6802-27.
- Pothole repair and Surface Drainage works will continue in the Ballymote area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Tubbercurry area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Sligo-Drumcliffe Area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
Grange Wastewater Treatment Plant Works:
- Contractors mobilization Works are programmed to continue during the week at Cloontyprocklis Td for upgrade of the Grange WWT Plant. Traffic management system controlled with traffic lights or flagmen may be in operation for periods on the Streedagh Road L-3203-0 from Grange village. Infrequent minor delays can be expected from construction traffic accessing the site.
- Roadworks will continue on Local Road No. L-3303-0, Ballygilgan, Lissadell on Monday 12th March. Works expected to last 2 days. Traffic Management will be in operation. Motorists to exercise caution.
- Roadworks will take place on Local Road No. L-7118-0, Cloonerco, Cliffoney on Monday 12th March. Works expected to last 3 days. Traffic Management will be in operation. Motorists to exercise caution.
- Roadworks will take place on Regional Road No. R279, Cliffoney on Wednesday 14th March. Works expected to last 3 days. Traffic Management will be in operation. Motorists to exercise caution.
N16 Lugatober Road Project:
- Ground Investigation works will take place along the N16 (Sligo to Manorhamilton) between the townlands of Drumkilsellagh and Lugnagall, until mid-March. Traffic Management will be in operation which may cause some delays. Motorists are urged to proceed with caution.