Application to An Bord Pleanála Notice
N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 177AE(4)(A) OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, AS INSERTED BY SECTION 57 OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2010
APPLICATION TO AN BORD PLEANALA
COMHAIRLE CHONTAE SHLIGIGH
SLIGO COUNTY COUNCIL
(An Bord Pleanála Reference Number 21.JP0048)
In the Sligo Weekenderof the 29th June 2017, Sligo County Council published a form of notice under Section 177AE(4)(A) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as inserted by Section 57 of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2010, stating that an application for the above proposed development had been submitted to An Bord Pleanála (the Board) for approval.
Sligo County Council hereby publishes this notice which relates to revisions of the original drawings submitted to An Bord Pleanála.
The proposed development comprises online improvement works through the townlands of Rathquarter and Cartron, Co. Sligo. The proposed development occurs wholly within County Sligo and comprises inter-alia:
- Upgrading the existing dual-carriageway for a distance of 670m from a point just north of Hughes Bridge to a point just north of the N15 / R291 Rosses Point Road junction;
- Increased right-turning provision and improved facilities for pedestrians and cyclists at the three signalised junctions within the proposed development;
- The proposed development includes the following elements of infrastructure:
- Carriageway improvements;
- Junction improvements;
- Pedestrian and cyclist facilities improvements;
- Structures including new retaining walls;
- Existing river bridge replacement;
- A new drainage system;
- Environmental mitigation works;
- The diversion of services and utilities; and
- The other consequential construction works necessary in order to complete the project.
Sligo County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for the proposed development under section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as inserted by Section 57 of the Planning and Development (amendment) Act, 2010. A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development. The Board may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
Plans and particulars including the Natura Impact Statement completed for the N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme are available for inspection at the offices of Sligo County Council, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo, County Sligo and Sligo National Roads Project Office, Sligo County Council, Business Centre, Market Yard, Sligo, County Sligo, between the hours of 9.30am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.30pm on Mondays to Fridays (bank holidays excluded) from Friday 14th July 2017 to Tuesday 29th August 2017 (inclusive of both dates). The Natura Impact Statement will be available for purchase at a cost of €15 from the Sligo National Roads Project Office, Sligo County Council, Business Centre, Market Yard, Sligo, County Sligo.
Submissions and observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, before 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 29th August 2017 relating to:
- The implications of the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and development of the area in which the development is the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site,
if carried out.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by the Board by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986), in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended.
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications - Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information Service website www.citizensinformation.ie.
A/ Director of Infrastructural Service